FREDDIE is the ultimate solution in mobile forensic processing power. FREDDIE is the little brother of our larger FRED unit. Like its older brother, FREDDIE is a highly integrated, flexible and modular forensic platform designed from the ground up for both the acquisition and analysis of computer evidence with the added advantage of being highly portable. FREDDIE uses the same motherboard, and many of the same components, as our larger FRED unit. The removable devices in our custom forensic bays can be used in both FRED and FREDDIE.
The Mobile Computer Forensic Solution
FREDDIE is designed for use “On Location” at electronic crime scenes. Remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FREDDIE and acquire the electronic evidence. FREDDIE is designed to acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/USB/Firewire hard drives and storage devices.No more worrying about the problems encountered trying to configure parallel devices on suspect equipment in order to use external backup devices.
The UltraBay 3 - Integrated IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire Write Blockers
2X FASTER THAN THE ULTRABAY II
WITH SPEEDS UP TO 15.4GB PER MINUTE!
The Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3 is included in the uFRED and can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay 3 without having to shut down the workstation. The UltraBay 3 is available on Digital Intelligence uFRED and FREDDIE systems.
Space, Flexibility and Power
FREDDIE comes with two high capacity hard drives. One of these drives is used for your forensic acquisition and processing tools and the other drive as a work drive for restoring and processing electronic evidence. With multiple boot menu options, FREDDIE can be booted into data acquisition mode with PDBlock loaded automatically, write protecting the suspect hard drive. Another boot option can be configured to place FREDDIE in data analysis mode with full access to your forensic analysis tools.
Network Functionality Built In
FREDDIE also has the ability to connect directly to a 10Mb, 100Mb, or even Gigabit Ethernet networks for use as a standard workstation when not processing or acquiring data. With the addition of Network Analysis software (Packet Analyzer), FREDDIE can even be used to monitor network traffic and communications at the crime scene.
Baseline FREDDIE Specifications
14" High, 17 1/4" Wide, 10 1/4" Deep - 55 lbs
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU (Quad Processor), 3.6 GHz, 10MB Intel® Smart Cache, 5 GT/s DMI
- 16 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
- 1 x 300 GB 10,000 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – OS Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – Data Drive
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with XP Mode
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Hardware Write Blocking:
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3 Hardware Write-Blocker:
- USB 3.0/2.0/1.1
- FireWire 400/800
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
- ATX Aluminum Portable Case (1-3½, 4-5¼) with Internal speakers, 17” Active TFT LCD Video Display Panel, and Integrated Windows Keyboard w/Touchpad
- 500 Watt ATX Semi-Modular power supply
- i7 Motherboard with Intel X79 Express Chipset
- 6 PCI-Express 3.0(x16)Slots
- Nvidia GT 630 4GB 128 bit DDR3 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 mini HDMI, and 2 DVI ports - supports dual monitors
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Intel GbE Network Adapters
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- 2 ports Intel 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 4 ports Intel 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller - 1 Back Mounted
- 2 ports Marvell 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 2 PS/2 Ports
- 3 USB 3.0 ports - 3 Back Mounted
- 10 USB 2.0 ports – 10 Back Mounted
- 1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
- 1 FireWire IEEE 1394a(400 MB/s) port
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
- 1 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- 1 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
- BD-R/BD-RE/DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit With Windows XP Mode (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Symantec GHOST
- DVD/CD Authoring Software
- Original OEM Software/Hardware Installation Manuals
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART
Other Options are Available Upon Request
All of our systems can be upgraded or
modified according to customer requests. Typical options
or upgrades include Processor Upgrades, Memory Upgrades,
Hard Drive Upgrades or additions, Desktop Monitor or
LCD Panel and keyboard/Mouse/Speakers, and additional
bundledforensic software as requested.
Optional Travel Case ($300.00)
Digital Intelligence offers free training. This limited time offer will provide a single seat in our Digital Forensics with FRED class for each FRED system purchased. This program offers a great opportunity to obtain detailed training in the operation and configuration of your new FRED system! Limited seating is available in each class under this offer so make your arrangements early. Although tuition will be covered under this program, travel, meals, and lodging will be the responsibility of the student. A credit card commitment will be required to reserve seating under this program as last minute cancellations and no-shows will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee (otherwise no charges will be applied).
DON'T ACCEPT LESS-CAPABLE IMITATIONS OR KNOCK-OFFS!
Do the Research: Examine our system specifications, ask existing customers about our products and support. You'll understand why our FRED Systems are continually recognized as the best designed, most capable, completely supported Forensic Workstations in the world! (even by those who try to copy our products)
You know the name - now get your own! Only at Digital Intelligence!