FREDM Module Specifications and Options
FRED-M Retractable Keyboard/Mouse/17 inch LCD Display Module
This device is an integrated Keyboard, LCD Display, and Mouse. When the Keyboard/LCD module is not in use, it may be folded down and retracted into the cabinet for storage and security.
FRED-M RAID Array Module
The FRED-M RAID Array Module provides high-speed access of 32 Terabytes (32,000 GB) of online storage (28TB RAID6). This module is a 16-Bay, 3U Rackmount RAID Enclosure which is populated with sixteen 2Tb, 7200 RPM hard drives in Hotswap removable drive trays.
3000 VA Rackmount Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)
The power source should be a DEDICATED 120V/30 Amp electrical circuit terminated in a NEMA-L5 socket. The UPS has a maximum output of 2700W which results in a maximum heat output of 9215 BTU/Hour.
FRED-RM (Forensic Recovery of Evidence - Rackmount Module)
The FRED-RM module has the processing functionality of a FRED system integrated into a rackmount module. Although the FRED-RM module is specifically designed to focus on the processing of forensic evidence, it is also capable of acquiring data from IDE/EIDE/ATA/ATAPI/SATA hard drives and devices. The FRED-RM module is equipped with our exclusive UltraBay write-blocked imaging bay which is used for forensically sound (write-blocked) acquisition of Parallel IDE, Serial ATA, and SAS devices! The FRED-RM Module will also acquire data from Multimedia cards, CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM media.
Ventilated Imaging Shelf
Selected FRED systems have also been upgraded to include our new ventilated imaging shelf for maximum drive cooling during the imaging process:
- Integrated Retractable imaging shelf (fully retracts into the system when not in use).
- Dual fans for maximum cooling and surface coverage.
- On/Off switch to control airflow.
- Slotted, cushioned, non-conductive, non-skid, surface supports all popular drive sizes (3-1/2", 2-1/2", 1.8", etc).
Baseline FRED-RM (Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device - Rackmount Module)
- 11U Cabinet: 30" High (with wheels), 23 1/2" Wide, 36" Deep - 375 lbs
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure (8 Bays, 1100W Modular Power Supply)
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU (Quad Processor), 3.6 GHz, 10MB Intel® Smart Cache, 5 GT/s DMI
- 16 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
- 1 x 300 GB 10,000 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – OS Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – Data Drive
LTO Ultrium 5 Tape Drive – Internal LTO 5 Tape Drive
Includes Controller Card, Tape Drive, 1 Tape (1.5 TB uncompressed/3.0 TB compressed), 1 Cleaning Tape
Back Up Software – Yosemite (includes 1 Year Maintenance and Support)
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with XP Mode
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Hardware Write Blocking
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3D Hardware Write-Blocker:
- USB 3.0/2.0/1.1
- FireWire 400/800
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure (10 Bays)
- 1100 Watt Modular power supply
- i7 Motherboard with Intel X79 Express Chipset
- 6 PCI-Express 3.0(x16)Slots
- Nvidia GT 630 4GB 128 bit DDR3 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 mini HDMI, and 2 DVI ports - supports dual monitors
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Intel GbE Network Adapters
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- 2 ports Intel 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 4 ports Intel 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller - 1 Back Mounted
- 2 ports Marvell 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 2 PS/2 Ports
- 6 USB 3.0 ports - 3 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted
- 10 USB 2.0 ports - 10 Back Mounted
- 1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
- 1 FireWire IEEE 1394a (400 MB/s) ports - 1 Back Mounted
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
- 2 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- 1 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
- BD-R/BD-RE/DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with integrated ventilation
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays, side panels and door.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit With Windows XP Mode (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Symantec GHOST
- DVD/CD Authoring Software
- Original OEM Software/Hardware Installation Manuals
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART
Other Options are Available Upon Request
All of our systems can be upgraded or modified according to customer requests. Typical options include Processor Upgrades, Memory Upgrades, Hard Drive Upgrades or additions, and additional bundled forensic software as requested.
FREE TRAINING WITH FRED SYSTEM PURCHASE
Digital Intelligence offers free training. This limited time offer will provide a single seat in ou Digital Forensics with FRED class for each FRED system purchased. This program offers a great opportunity to obtain detailed training in the operation and configuration of your new FRED system! Limited seating is available in each class under this offer so make your arrangements early. Although tuition will be covered under this program, travel, meals, and lodging will be the responsibility of the student. A credit card commitment will be required to reserve seating under this program as last minute cancellations and no-shows will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee (otherwise no charges will be applied).
DON'T ACCEPT LESS-CAPABLE IMITATIONS OR KNOCK-OFFS!
Do the Research: Examine our system specifications, ask existing customers about our products and support. You'll understand why our FRED Systems are continually recognized as the best designed, most capable, completely supported Forensic Workstations in the world! (even by those who try to copy our products)
You know the name - now get your own! Only at Digital Intelligence!