The Complete Forensic Hardware Solution
FRED systems are optimized for stationary laboratory acquisition and analysis. Simply remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FRED and acquire the digital evidence. FRED will acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/Firewire/USB hard drives and storage devices and save forensic images to Blu-Ray, DVD, CD or hard drives. FRED systems also acquire data from Blu-Ray, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Compact Flash, Micro Drives, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Cards, Secure Digital Media and Multimedia Cards. Furthermore, with the optional tape drive FRED is capable of archiving to or acquiring evidence from LTO Ultrium 5 tapes. All FRED systems include the UltraBay, front panel connections, and removable drive trays so there is no need to open up the processing system to install drives or crawl around the back of the unit to attach devices.
Ventilated Imaging Shelf
Selected FRED systems include our ventilated imaging shelf for maximum drive cooling during the imaging process:
- Integrated Retractable imaging shelf (fully retracts into the system when not in use).
- Dual fans for maximum cooling and surface coverage.
- Auto On/Off switch when shelf is opened or closed.
- Slotted, cushioned, non-conductive, non-skid, surface supports all popular drive sizes (3-1/2", 2-1/2", 1.8", etc).
FRED With RAID Option is an FTK and EnCase Solution
FRED with RAID option meets or exceeds the recommended system specifications for FTK and EnCase. We have a comprehensive line of RAID options including FRED Single RAID, FRED DX Single RAID, FRED Dual RAID, and FRED DX Dual RAID.
Fast, Functional and Flexible
Standard FRED systems come with three high speed drives (two SSDs and one 7200rpm mechanical). The first SSD is used for your Operating System(s), forensic acquisition and processing tools, the second SSD as a Temp/Cache/DataBase resource and the third as a work drive for restoring and processing digital evidence. FRED comes pre-installed with Windows 10 Professional on the Primary Drive. Additionally, a fully-loaded, pre-configured Suse Linux installation image is also included on factory restore Blu-ray for installation if desired. All three drives are supplied in shock-mounted removable drive trays. Most FRED Systems also come with integrated hot-swappable IDE and SATA bays to enable rapid installation and removal of evidence storage drives without the need for rebooting the system.
Network Functionality Built In
All FRED systems can be connected directly to a network (10/100/1000 Mb ethernet) for use as a standard workstation or file server when not processing or acquiring data.
Baseline FRED Specifications
- 23 3/4" High, 8 3/8" Wide, 25 1/4" Deep - 80 lbs
- Intel Core i7-5820K CPU (Hex Core Processor), 3.3 GHz, 10MB Intel Smart Cache, 5 GT/s DMI
- 32 GB (4x8GB)PC3-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz Memory
- 1 x 256 GB Solid State SATA III Drive - OS Drive
- 1 x 128 GB Solid State SATA III Drive - Temp/Cache/DB Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive - Data Drive installed in HotSwap Bay1
- Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2GB 128 bit DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 VGA (D-Dub), 1 HDMI, and 2 DVI ports - supports up 4 displays
- 22" WideScreen LCD Monitor with Built-in Speakers
Windows 10 Professional (64 bit)
Also includes: SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Hardware Write Blocking:
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3d Hardware Write-Blocker with touch screen display:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SAS Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated USB 3.0/2.0 Write Blocker
- Integrated FireWire IEEE 1394b Write Blocker
Digital Intelligence Integrated Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
ATX Tower Case 12 x 5 1/4" Bays
1100 Watt Modular power supply
i7 Motherboard with Intel X99 Chipset
7 PCI-Express 3.0(x16) Slots
8 ports Intel 6 Gb/s SATA Controller
1 port Intel SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
1 port ASMedia SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
8 Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
2 RJ45 LAN ports (Intel I210-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Intel I218LM, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controllers)
2 eSATA 6 Gb/s ports - ASMedia controller
14 USB 3.0/2.0 ports - 11 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted
2 USB 3.1 ports - 2 Back Mounted
1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports - 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
2 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
4 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
BD-R/BD-RE/DVD±RW/CD±RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with integrated ventilation
103 key Keyboard and Mouse Combo - Wireless
Toolbox containing: Adapters, Cables, Digital Camera, Security Screwdriver Set and OEM Documents
Other Software included: Symantec Ghost and CD Authoring Software
Warranty 1 year parts and labor
FRED Tape Option (add $2,500.00)
- LTO Ultrium 5 Internal Tape Drive (1.5TB Native / 3.0TB Compressed)
(Adding this option eliminates one HotSwap bay)
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays and front case bezel.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
Digital Intelligence offers free training. This limited time offer will provide a single seat in our Digital Forensics with FRED class for each FRED system purchased. This program offers a great opportunity to obtain detailed training in the operation and configuration of your new FRED system! Limited seating is available in each class under this offer so make your arrangements early. Although tuition will be covered under this program, travel, meals, and lodging will be the responsibility of the student. A credit card commitment will be required to reserve seating under this program as last minute cancellations and no-shows will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee (otherwise no charges will be applied).
DON'T ACCEPT LESS-CAPABLE IMITATIONS OR KNOCK-OFFS!
Do the Research: Examine our system specifications, ask existing customers about our products and support. You'll understand why our FRED Systems are continually recognized as the best designed, most capable, completely supported Forensic Workstations in the world! (even by those who try to copy our products)
You know the name - now get your own! Only at Digital Intelligence!