The Complete Forensic Hardware Solution
FRED systems are optimized for stationary laboratory acquisition and analysis. Simply remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FRED and acquire the digital evidence. FRED will acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/Firewire/USB hard drives and storage devices and save forensic images to Blu-Ray, DVD, CD or hard drives. FRED systems also acquire data from Blu-Ray, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Compact Flash, Micro Drives, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Cards, Secure Digital Media and Multimedia Cards. Furthermore, with the optional tape drive FRED is capable of archiving to or acquiring evidence from LTO Ultrium 5 tapes. All FRED systems include the UltraBay, front panel connections, and removable drive trays so there is no need to open up the processing system to install drives or crawl around the back of the unit to attach devices.
Dual Xeon Hex Core Speed (12 Processors)
Dual Processor system implementations have traditionally been “server centric” with: outdated chipsets, poor memory bandwidth, poor I/O bandwidth, and limited support for integrated peripherals. Digital Intelligence designed the first Dual Processor system with all the pre-requisite performance, flexibility, and reliably required of a Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device (FRED). This system is built on a dual-processor 64-bit Xeon Motherboard, with outstanding flexibility, integrated peripheral support, and performance far beyond anything previously seen in a Forensic Workstation.
Ventilated Imaging Shelf
Selected FRED systems include our ventilated imaging shelf for maximum drive cooling during the imaging process:
- Integrated Retractable imaging shelf (fully retracts into the system when not in use).
- Dual fans for maximum cooling and surface coverage.
- Auto On/Off switch when shelf is opened or closed.
- Slotted, cushioned, non-conductive, non-skid, surface supports all popular drive sizes (3-1/2", 2-1/2", 1.8", etc).
FRED With RAID Option is an FTK and EnCase Solution
FRED DX with RAID option meets or exceeds the recommended system specifications for FTK and EnCase.
Baseline FRED DX Single RAID Specifications
- 23 3/4" High, 8 3/8" Wide, 25 1/4" Deep - 80 lbs
- Dual(2) Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 CPU, (8 Core) 2.1 GHz, 20MB Cache, 8.0 GT/s Intel QPI
- 32 GB (2x16GB) PC4-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz ECC Memory
- 1 x 256 GB Solid State SATA III Drive - OS Drive
- 1 x 256 GB Solid State SATA III Hard Drive - Temp/Cache/DB Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive - Data Drive installed in HotSwap Bay1
- Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB 128 bit DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI-D Ports
- 22" WideScreen LCD Monitor with Built-in Speakers
Windows 10 Professional (64 bit)
Also includes: SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Single RAID Chassis Option
12 Channel PCIe 6 Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID Controller
Qty 1 - RAID Chassis with 5 removable drive bays
RAID Set #1
2 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive Set (Set of 5 Drives)
Hardware Write Blocking:
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 4d Hardware Write-Blocker with touch screen display:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SAS Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated USB 3.0/2.0 Write Blocker
- Integrated FireWire IEEE 1394b Write Blocker
- Integrated PCIe Write Blocker
- Write-Block and Read/Write visibility via Lock/Unlock LEDs
- Read and write mode capabilities for all device ports controlled via LCD Menu
- Allows simultaneous imaging of 2 attached devices
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
ATX Tower Case 12 x 5 1/4" Bays
1100 Watt Modular power supply
Dual Intel Socket 2011-3 Motherboard for Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 Product Family
Intel C612 Chipset
8 DIMM Slots supporting DDR4 1600/1866/2133 Registered ECC memory
7 PCI-Express 3.0(x16)Slots
8 ports Intel 6 Gb/s SATA Controller
1 port Intel SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
1 port ASMedia SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
2 Intel I210-AT Gigabit LAN RJ45 ports
1 PS/2 Ports (Keyboard & Mouse Combo)
2 USB 2.0 ports - Back Mounted
9 USB 3.0 ports - 6 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted
1 USB 3.1 port - Back Mounted
1 USB 3.1 Type C port - Back Mounted
1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
1 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports - Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
2 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
3 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
BD-R/BD-RE/DVD±RW/CD±RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with integrated ventilation
103 key Keyboard and Mouse Combo - Wireless
Toolbox containing: Adapters, Cables, Digital Camera, Security Screwdriver Set and OEM Documents
Other Software included: Symantec Ghost and CD Authoring Software
Warranty 1 year parts and labor
FRED DX Single RAID Tape Option (add $2,500.00)
- LTO Ultrium 5 Internal Tape Drive (1.5TB Native / 3.0TB Compressed)
(Adding this option eliminates one HotSwap bay)
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays and front case bezel.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
Digital Intelligence offers free training. This limited time offer will provide a single seat in our Digital Forensics with FRED class for each FRED system purchased. This program offers a great opportunity to obtain detailed training in the operation and configuration of your new FRED system! Limited seating is available in each class under this offer so make your arrangements early. Although tuition will be covered under this program, travel, meals, and lodging will be the responsibility of the student. A credit card commitment will be required to reserve seating under this program as last minute cancellations and no-shows will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee (otherwise no charges will be applied).
DON'T ACCEPT LESS-CAPABLE IMITATIONS OR KNOCK-OFFS!
Do the Research: Examine our system specifications, ask existing customers about our products and support. You'll understand why our FRED Systems are continually recognized as the best designed, most capable, completely supported Forensic Workstations in the world (even by those who try to copy our products).
You know the name - now get your own! Only at Digital Intelligence!