BIOS Setup for the P9X79 WS Motherboard
The instructions for the reset are on page 2-21 of the P9X79 WS Motherboard Manual. I always pull the clock battery as well.
Make sure you cover the power supply with a sheet of paper so that any dropped parts don't get inside it.
Here are the BIOS setup instructions you'll need for the P9X79 WS motherboard following a CMOS reset.
- Hit Delete to enter the BIOS setup.
- Click the Exit/Advanced Mode button in the upper right corner and select Advanced Mode.
- Hit F5 to load Optimized Defaults.
- Go to the Main Menu and Set Time and Date.
- In the Advanced Menu/SATA Configuration set SATA Mode to "AHCI Mode" and Enable Hot Plug on the SATA 3G_4, 3G_5 and 3G_6 channels.
- In the Advanced Menu/Onboard Devices Configuration disable the Marvell Storage OPROM.
- Go to the Boot Menu/Boot Option Priorities set the boot order to:
Boot Option #1 - CD/DVD
Boot Option #2 - OS Drive
- If the OS drive is not available in Boot Option #2, go into the Boot Menu/Hard Drive BBS Priorities and change Boot Option #1 to be your OS drive. You should now be able to select your OS hard drive as Boot Option #2 in step 7.
- Save and exit.