Nuix Foundations is a three-day classroom-based training course intended to take an examiner new to the Nuix Investigator tool through techniques of how to create cases, process file data and analyze exhibits more efficiently.
Students will learn all procedures to successfully create an investigations case and review the many preprocessing options for ingesting different formats of unstructured data and forensic images. Students will learn the functionality available within the tool to view, search, filter, tag, visualize and export data for reporting. Advanced topics will also expose students to the Ruby scripting capabilities to cull through volumes of data seamlessly. The course will conclude with Nuix Visual Analytics to perform timeline and geo-tagging analysis for tagging, exporting and reporting purposes.
During this three-day course, participants will learn the following:
- Review Nuix configuration options
- Install and configure Nuix Investigator
- Review case creation options and Mime type settings
- Define metadata profiles and filtering functionality
- Recognize menu functions and data viewing options
- Analyze Microsoft Office objects, graphic files, web cache and common Windows artifacts
- Perform basic and advanced searches across file data and Nuix metadata extractions
- Utilize the Named Entity and Near Duplicate functionality
- Use Nuix Visual Analytics to perform various functions relating to What, Where, When and Who
- Review Nuix scripting capabilities and build basic scripts to use against case data
- Explore Nuix export options and reporting capabilities